Australian Working Visa

Temporary Business (Long Stay)

Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

This is the most commonly used program for employers to sponsor overseas workers to work in Australia on a temporary basis.

Employers can be either:

  • Australian businesses
  • overseas businesses.

With this visa workers from overseas can:

  • work in Australiafor a period of between one day and four years
  • bring any eligible secondary applicants with them to Australia– secondary applicants can work and study
  • after entering Australia, have no limit on the number of times they travel in and out ofAustralia.

Visa Duration : 1 day to 4 Years

Employer Nomination Scheme

(Subclass 121/856)

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.

This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in their business. The employees can be either:

Employers can be either:

  • highly skilled workers from overseas
  • highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia.

If you are currently living or working in Australiaon a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 856) visa.

The ENS (subclass 121) visa is for applicants who are outside Australia.
If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 121) visa and lodge your application in Australia, however you must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.

This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

Australian permanent residents can:

  • live and work in Australiaon a permanent basis
  • study in Australiaat school or university
  • receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the PharmaceuticalBenefitsScheme (PBS)
  • access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
  • be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
  • sponsor people for permanent residence.

Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) – Bangladesh

The Work and Holiday (Subclass 462) visa is for young people aged 18 to 30 who want to travel and work for up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment.

If you are granted a Work and Holiday visa you can:

enter Australia at any time within 12 months of the visa grant date
stay in Australia for up to 12 months from the date of first entry.
leave and re-enter Australia any number of times from the 12 months from the date of first entry
undertake temporary employment in Australia for up to six months with each employer
study for up to four months

For more information please visit: