Employer Nomination Scheme
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.
This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in their business. The employees can be either:
Employers can be either:
- highly skilled workers from overseas
- highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia.
If you are currently living or working in Australiaon a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 856) visa.
The ENS (subclass 121) visa is for applicants who are outside Australia.
If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 121) visa and lodge your application in Australia, however you must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.
This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.
Australian permanent residents can:
- live and work in Australiaon a permanent basis
- study in Australiaat school or university
- receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the PharmaceuticalBenefitsScheme (PBS)
- access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
- sponsor people for permanent residence.